Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Year 2013

I said that 2013 was going to be my year.  It has started off with lots of great events:

  • Alliance Community Church officially opened!
  • I chopped off all my hair and loved it.
  • My husband bought me a new mountain bike, and I actually survived an intermediate trail!
  • The hubby and I enjoyed a wonderfully relaxing weekend in one of my new favorite cities - Charleston, SC.
  • We enjoyed a memorable, long weekend in Pensacola, FL with family and friends.
  • I completed the Dirty Girl Mud Run with a group of awesome, tough ladies.
As wonderful as it has been, there have also been moments of confusion, doubt, and despair mixed in as well.  These past few weeks have been some of our lowest, but God is good and faithful.  There IS a light at the end of the tunnel.  There was a time when it seemed like all we saw was darkness, but we must have been going around a curve or something in that tunnel.  :)  Although the light is still faint, we do see it.  God is good and his love is unfailing!

Faith and family have been the cornerstones to our sanity these past few weeks.  I don't know what we would have done without those two things.

I've seem to have lost focus.  The house is a mess.  We've missed appointments.  I haven't been to the gym in weeks.  We've gone back to eating whatever we can get our hands on.  The only thing we've been doing much of is fishing - and that's because our kids have got fishing fever AND we desperately need this family time.

So tonight, I sat down and thought through what changes I need to make to get things back on track.  For extra accountability, I'll be posting my progress on here for anyone who may be reading this.  :)  I'll be updating on my exercise and diet, home cleaning and organization, and family/kids activities.  




No comments:

Post a Comment