Sunday, April 28, 2013

Be-u-full Days


Lately, we've been having pleasant weather, so Sym has been waking up every morning saying, "Mommy, it's a be-u-full day!" as she looks out the windows.

But today was no such day.  We woke up this morning to a gloomy, wet, and yucky day.  We spent the morning getting ready for church:  showers, getting dressed, brunch, loading all of our church's equipment into our church trailer from our basement.


As we're driving out of our driveway, my SymSym looks out the windows and says, "Mommy, it's a be-u-full day!"  I almost - almost - corrected her and said, "No, SymSym.  Today is a yucky day.  It's rainy and wet outside."  But I caught myself, and, admiring her innocence and realizing that she was correct, happily agreed.

Even on a day like today - dark and rainy - she can look outside and say with so much enthusiasm and genuineness, "Mommy, its a be-u-full day!"

I love my every day reminders from my girl that every day IS a "be-u-full" day - regardless of the weather or what's going on around us or even if nothing in this world makes any sense - it is a beautiful day because we're alive in Jesus Christ and He is all we need.

Feeling thankful for the reminders that God puts in my life.  My children are such blessings!



No comments:

Post a Comment