Friday, April 27, 2012

More Frugal Stuff

I attended a coupon clinic held by a friend and fellow couponer last night.  It was a very informative session.  People are always asking me to teach them how to coupon, but in order to teach them, it would have to be in the format that it was done last night - a couple hours with a power point slide and visual aids.

Couponing is learned best by going out to the stores and trying it out, though.  You make mistakes and you learn from them.  You do something right, and you learn from it.  I hope all the ladies were inspired to start clipping and start saving!  Being frugal, as I talked about in yesterday's post, is one of the ways we can be good stewards of our finances. 

We also mentioned the anxiety that you get when you walk up to the cash register to check out.  You couponers know what I'm talking about.  All these things are going through your mind - Did I get the right thing?  Are the coupons going to work?  Did I calculate everything correctly?  Is everything ringing up right?  It truly is an adrenaline rush.  And when everything goes off without a hitch, it's one of the best feelings.  I think that's one of the reasons why it becomes so addicting, too.  You know how people get addicted to extreme sports because of the rush?  I think that's why we couponers get addicted to couponing.

After getting home from the coupon class, I decided to do some research on other things that I can add to my personal list of ways to save money.  I love the internet!  All the information you need at the touch of your fingertips.  Here are some links to a few helpful articles I found:

10 Homemade Cleaners You Can't Live Without

Save Money on Meat: 14 Ways to Cut Your Meat Bill Without Going Vegetarian

The Cheapskate Guide: 50 Tips For Frugal Living

Some of these are pretty extreme.  Like I said, there are some things that we can't live without in our house (temperature control and cable TV), but I encourage you to do what you can! 

Happy Friday!  Have a wonderful weekend.  Enjoy every second of it - we know how fast the weekends go. 



 




     

No comments:

Post a Comment