Thursday, April 19, 2012

Project: Spring Break on a Budget, Days 3 & 4

I can't believe the week is almost over already!  It really has flown by.  Days 3 and 4 of Project: Spring Break on a Budget were a lot more low key, thanks to the rain and gloomy weather, but we still had fun doing things that we couldn't normally do if school were in session.

Day 3 consisted of movies in our pj's complete with blankets, pillows, beanbags, popcorn, and movie theater snacks.  We watched a few movies on Netflix.  The first movie was "Alpha and Omega."  Nathaniel gives it 4.5 stars out of 5.  It was more of a love story to me, so I didn't think he'd like it THAT much.  But I guess he did.

We finished the day with "Joseph: King of Dreams."  Did you know that Ben Affleck is the voice of Joseph?  I had no clue!  But I loved the movie.  I cried.  And someone else cried, too.  But I'm not going to name any names. 

Out of all the days and things we've done this week, Thaniel informed me that his favorite day was Movie Day.  I should have figured.  He loves nothing more than staying home and being comfy.

We also have had a special visitor these past two days.  Mr. Tyson joined in on our Spring Break fun.



Total spent: $5.80 for "theater" snacks

Day 4 was our arts and crafts day.  I thought I would kill two birds with one stone and decided to let the kids get creative and messy while knocking out gifts for Mother's Day.  We went to Dollar Tree and grabbed some soup bowls and plates.  Then headed over to Michael's to pick up some ceramic paint - which was on clearance, by the way.  Score!  And we came home and painted.





Sym was more interested in how the paint felt and tasted and looked on herself, rather than getting the project done.  But that was to be expected.  Nathaniel, on the other hand, had a good time.  I even joined in and painted a bowl myself.

These will be wrapped up and sent to the grandmothers as Mother's Day gifts from their grandkids.

Total Spent: $26.44 ($9.54 at Dollar Tree for plates, bowls, and a package of water balloons AND $16.90 at Michael's for the cermaic paint.)

Tomorrow is Friday already.  We are hoping for some sunshine to end the week off.

Spring Break or not, I hope you've had a great week! 


No comments:

Post a Comment