Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Project: Spring Break on a Budget Total

Spring Break is over!  Although I'm sad I won't get to spend the days with both my kiddos and sleep in a little, I'm happy to get back to our regular schedule.

We ended Spring Break with a visit to an indoor water playground.  It was so much fun! It was Sym's first time there, and she loved it.  My fearless girl was fighting me to let her go so she could do her own thing.  The only issue was, she would have sank if I didn't hold on to her.  Yet again, she felt like I was holding her back when, in reality, I'm saving her life.  She'll thank me in the future, I'm sure.

There's this huge water slide at the aquatic center.  Well, it's not really huge, but to someone who is terribly afraid of heights and deep water, it was humongous.  I have never been on a water slide in my life, but I had a crazy impulse to try it out that day.

The weird thing is, I didn't even think twice about it.  I asked KB to watch the kids, I walked up to the stairs, and I climbed up.  It wasn't until I was climbing that my eyes started adjusting to how high I was and I started to freak out.  I couldn't turn back around, though.  There were people everywhere.  Plus, my kids were looking up at me.  I wasn't about to get punked out and walk back down the stairs with my kids watching me the whole time, so I swallowed my fear and went through with it.

It was so. much. fun!  Although, I don't think I'll ever do it again.  Every time I came to a turn in the slide, I imagined myself flying over the side of the slide because I was going so fast.  I did, however, conquer a fear.  I'm kind of proud of myself for that.




We ended the day with a late dinner with my siblings.  We fired up the grill and grilled some blue cheese stuffed burgers and brats.  Yum!


I love blue cheese on burgers, so a burger stuffed with blue cheese?  Bring it on!  Plus, it was quick and easy.  It was just ground beef, worcestershire sauce, and steak seasoning.  I mixed it by hand and rolled out the patties.  I put about a tablespoon of blue cheese in the middle of one patty, another patty on top, and then pinched the patties together to enclose the blue cheese inside.  We like our burgers medium rare, so we cooked them until all the pink was gone on the outside and took them off the grill. 

It was a great week!  We spent $34 to get into the aquatic center.  The total tally for Project: Spring Break on a Budget was $80.03.  That's about $20 below my budget.  Woohoo! 



Today marks the first day of many that will be dedicated to Spring cleaning and organizing.  Organizing has never been my forte.  I'm a pack rat and like to keep everything because I think it all has sentimental value to me, but I'm on a mission to make our home more of a sanctuary.  That means cleaning out things that we don't need to decrease the clutter in our home.  I'm following this 4 week plan to a more organized home on Moneysavingmom.com

Wish me luck!  I'm hoping to develop a better habit of keeping our home organized through these next 4 weeks.

What are some of your home organizing tips?  Please share with me!

Again, thanks for reading and have a wonderful start to a new week!

No comments:

Post a Comment