Wednesday, May 23, 2012

First Day of Summer Vaca - Baking Korean Hot Dog Bread

Happy Summer!!!  Nathaniel is officially out of school.  Goodbye, 2nd grade!  Although he expressed that he was sad school was over because he is going to miss all of his friends, he is so happy about "waking up whenever he wants to."  

Last day of school picnic
This girl loves her string cheese.


We celebrated our first day of Summer vacation baking some yummy Korean Hot Dog bread.  I love these little things at the Korean bakeries, so I decided to google the recipe.  I did not expect it to be so hard tracking down a written recipe for it, but the one I did eventually find was the only one I could find.

Nathaniel loves hot dogs.  That boy could it eat them as every meal forever and probably be fine with it.  I figured he'd really enjoy the end product of this.

We also had help baking from a friend down the street who came over to spend the afternoon with us.  She was so cute in wanting to be the "best helper."  And she also said, "You look very pretty today." Which I thought was the sweetest thing, because I do not look even close to "pretty" today.  

 All the ingredients
 Our pretty aprons






 While we let the dough rise, we went outside to get some beautiful sun!






 Yum!
They were so proud of themselves - as they should be!  They all tasted great.  Claire wanted her's plain, so we left everything off of her's.  Nathaniel, surprisingly, wanted me to load his up with all the works.  

They had fun helping me measure, count, mix, knead, and wrap.  It was a lot of fun, but I don't think it's worth the time and effort.  If you just happen to LOVE this bread and want to try the recipe for yourself, you can find it here: Korean Sausage Pang

I also wanted to show off my beautiful hydrangeas!  I love them.  

Ok folks, have a fantabulous start to your summer vacation!  Be blessed!


No comments:

Post a Comment